Avocado Gojju

Just the other day while a casual chat with Amma over skype we came to our favorite topic and that is FOOD. She told what she made for lunch and as soon as I heard the menu as usual I started drooling. She told me a new dish that she had made almost 3 times then and it tastes yum she added. Soon I decided to make it and post it to my beautiful readers.
Avocado is good in carbohydrates and vitamins and we at home love this fruit. I have always made milk shakes and creamy avocado, but I had heard about guacamole and never tasted it nor made it being skeptical how the taste would be. This gojju is a Indian or say Konkani version of guacamole. After making this and it being yummy I will make guacamole soon.
Here is the recipe for Avocado Gojju
2 avocados
3 green chillies
3-4 pinches asafoetida/ or compound hing water a tsp
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil



Method :
Cut the avocado peel them and mash them well with a spoon.
To this add chopped onions, slit green chillies, coriander leaves, salt to taste hing/asafoetida powder and  mix well.
Now drop in the coconut oil and mix well. Serve


Aps Note:
I have added 3 green chillies as they were less spicy you can add more if  you wish your gojju to be spicy and hot.
You can even add mustard seeds and curry leaves tadka/curry leaves.
Happy Cooking,
  


Comments