Chakkuli Masala

What do you do when you have chakkuli/murrukku in lot?? I never have them in lot many a times but it was when my hubby had come back from India my mom send a lot of nanchanae tinglodu/ragi murrukku(homemade) and my in-law’s sent some rice chakkuli’s(not homemade), so we were loaded with Chakkuli at home. We enjoyed all the homemade ones as they are irresistible, but I had a pack of other murrkku lying in the shelf (may be we had a overdose of them) so soon I decided on making this Chakkuli Masala.
I started making this after tasting this in Carstreet, Mangalore.




We need:
Chakkuli - 5 -6
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium, finely chopped
Few sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – ¼ th tsp
Salt to taste( we require very little as chakkuli’s have salt)
Juice of lemon/lime – 1 tsp





Method:
Break the chakkuli into small pieces and keep aside.
Add all the remaining ingredients one by one into a mixing bowl and mix very well.
To this mixture add broken chakkuli’s and mix well.
Serve immediately.
Note:
If you find raw mangoes you can add finely chopped mangoes to this.
Enjoy Cooking,

 


Comments