Barley Dosa with Batate Song



I am just trying to post breakfast recipes in my blog. Including health in breakfast is what I am looking for now.
Barley is one such ingredient which I had never tasted till I made this dosa. Though I had heard about the benefits of barley water I we never knew that we could include this in our daily diet until I saw Pavithra’s barley dosa. Later after googling I found many recipes for barley such as salads, soups which I will be trying.


Thank you Pavithra for this recipe it is super hit here J.

Adapted from dishesfrommykitchen





Here is what we need:
1 cup urad dal
3 cups barley *
1 tsp methi seeds
Salt to taste
Water to grind the batter
Method:

1. Wash and soak the barley for 5 to 6 hrs.
2. Wash and soak the Urad dal and methi seeds together for 3 hour.
3. Grind the urad dal finely and foamy.
4. Grind the Barley to a very fine batter.
5. Mix both the batter well by adding salt and ferment it overnight.
6. Pour ladle full of batter in the middle of hot skillet move the ladle clockwise spreading towards the edges of the skillet.
7. Grease with a tsp of oil when it gets slightly brown at the bottom flip over the other side.


Serve crisp Barley dosa with your favorite dip like chutney sambar, Batate Song(I served my dosa with this) or Batate Bhaji




*      Note:
If you are using a stone grinder or tilting grinder you can add 4 cups of barley.
If you are using mixer grinder like me just keep the amount of barley to 3 cups.


Batate Song/ Potato Song will be coming soon up here....
 

Comments

Priya Suresh said…
Love to start my day with this fantastic dish.
chethana said…
Making it for breakfast tomorrow aparna... excited